Big Springs Ranch on the Frio was established as a working ranch in 1927 by Oma Bell Perry and her family. Oma Bell gifted the ranch to Hill Country Youth Ranch in 1996 for the purpose of building a children’s home and school. In 1998, Big Springs Ranch for Children officially opened.
For more information about Big Springs Ranch for Children, please visit our parent site.
Generous donors have built a retreat house for alumni to bring families and friends for getaways. The Croy Retreat House can sleep up to 8 guests, and other houses are sometimes available for the purpose of providing a place of rest for alumni and other approved guests.